Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Trip to the Highlands








The Georgia State Fiddler's Convention was this weekend, and I have been wanting to go, well, since last year when we went. Last year we went on Sunday and were able to see the Isaacs. This time, however, we got to see all the competitions. They had Mandolin, Banjo, Flatpick Guitar, Fingerstyle Guitar, Bluegrass Band, Junior Fiddler, and Senior Fiddler. Then the winner from each fiddle class had a fiddle off.
A 14 year old girl was crowned "Fiddle Queen".

I was in complete bliss being in the mountains. I was snapping photos left and right. I wanted to take them back to the "plains" with me. Let me tell ya though, it was a good bit colder up thar. I guess ya hafta pay for the beauty that ya see. I wish we could have spent more time there. Actually, why don't we just move! Ain't nothin like the North Georgia mountains!

Note: There is a photo that involves moonshine. I want everyone to know that I do not plan on moonshining in the future and I have not moonshined in the past. Well, at least not so's anyone could notice.

No comments: