Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Praise Ye the Lord!!

Well folks, it's that time of year. Thanksgiving. Or as we say, Thanksgivin'. All the people gather together and stuff themselves full of food. Some of them give a list of things they are thankful for. Daddy had us do a fun activity for our family worship time by having us make two lists of things we are thankful for. One list included things that were obviously things that the individual was thankful for. For example, Josh would have put "my kart" on that list. Then we were to make a list of things that wouldn't give the writer away. We had a good time doing this.

But I say, shouldn't we be giving thanks daily for God's blessings and mercies. How many times have I gotten in the truck, asked the Lord to protect me that day, and He faithfully answered that prayer. How many times has our family asked the Lord to bless Daddy's job, or asked for healing, or for safety, and God has seen us through. Wow. God is good.

And one thing I am sooo thankful for is my DeDad. Two years ago he was diagnosed with stage four renal cell carcinoma. He had tumors in his lungs, kidneys, and all up and down his spine. The doctors were floored and there was nothing they could do but surgery. The surgery was risky, and they said that he might come out of it, but could also end up paralyzed. We prayed and prayed. He did come out of it, and can walk!! The surgery did not get all of the cancer out, and so they gave him just a few months to live. Well, I don't give a hoot about what they thought. My Grandad is stronger than that, and so is my God! And look, here he is, two years later,living, breathing, loving, and even fishing. I am so thankful the Lord blessed us with him!! We love him soooo much!!

May we continually praise and thank the Lord for His goodness, His mercy, His love, His blessings, and just for being our God and Father.

Well, just in case you'd like to know what was on our lists during our family worship time, here are some things I listed.

-Salvation through Jesus Christ!!
-God's Word
-Our Eternal Home
-Our lovely earthly home
-My family!!
-Love, security, and comfort in my home and family
-The abilities of seeing, hearing, thinking, reading, and writing
-A wonderful, beautiful mother
-A hard working, loving father
-My fantastic siblings
-the blessing of being well-fed, well-clothed, and healthy
-my critters
-my fiddle
-our Southern Heritage
-and so much more I could not possibly list them all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful post.
Love you sugarbugger,
DeDad

Jess said...

Love you too!!