Monday, December 27, 2010

A Wonderful Memory and Georgia Snow!

This Christmas was so very special to me. Everything about it was wonderful. There was one incident that positively blew my mind, made me cry, and reminded me how remarkably blessed I truly am with such a wonderful family.

It was dark. The day had passed with such a joyous fervor that everyone was finally beginning to grow sleepy. Daddy told all of us to head to the living room, sit down, and get comfortable. So we did. He turned on an instrumental Christmas song, turned the overhead lights off, and came to join us in the living room. He was holding a piece of paper. We all were there, sitting, waiting...perhaps slightly confused and certainly curious. There we were, all six of us...sitting in a warm home, together, with the lights from our Christmas tree shedding a little light there on Daddy. And outside, yes, out there were huge, beautiful snowflakes quickly making their way to the ground. It was beautiful. Then Daddy took that paper and began reading. I cannot even begin to tell you what he said. All I can say is that his love letter to his family, each one of us, from the youngest to Mama, had us all in tears. Happy tears. Tears of peace and joy and the realization of such wonderful love. It was incredible.

Yes, Christmas, it is a lovely day; but when you receive a gift like that...a gift that tells you how much you are loved by your father, and how special it is to be in such an amazing family, well, all I can say is that this is something I will always....always... remember...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


but yes, as I said, it did snow! I thought I would share a few photos of the pretty white powdery stuff we got to see the next day. =D







:) :) :) :) :)

No comments: