Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"and Spring arose on the garden fair..."

"Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn." ~Lewis Grizzard
Today marks the first day of spring. I love it when the vernal equinox occurs. I thank the Lord for the changing of the seasons. The beauty of distinction. The beginning of new life. Everywhere.
Sunshine makes me overwhelmingly happy. We have been getting a lot of it lately. Between that, and the lessons the Lord has been patiently teaching me lately...well, I have no reason not to be happy. I could go on for anon about all the things I have learned in just the past few weeks....even the past several days. But I will spare that and leave it at this. Forgive. To love is to forgive. Step forward. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Trust God. Love people. See them as individuals. Pray. Praise. Call on the name of Jesus and praise Him for His redemptive power. Be still and know He is God. See the miraculous in the common. Dance if you are happy. And always notice the butterflies.
Because of some things that took place in the last few weeks, because of Scripture the Lord led me to, because of wisdom shared in an inductive study, because I finally opened my eyes for the first time in a long time and saw the true beauty of the Gospel. Because the Lord finally took my hand and said.... "Jessi. I gotcha."
My little heart swells with love for my Savior.
Spring is a beautiful season. It promises new life. New beginnings. New growth. Possibilities. Sunshine. Blue-sky days.
"And Spring arose on the garden fair, Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere; And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast rose from the dreams of its wintry rest." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley
Praise God.
From Whom all blessings flow.

2 comments:

Farm Girl Hannah said...

I also love spring when everything comes to life again! The Lord has also been teaching me many of the things he has taught you. It's an amazing journey that He takes us on.

Hugs,
Hannah

KimM said...

Jessi- Not sure how often you check your blog but I remembered the catchy title and I've checked it a few times over the past year. We so enjoyed meeting you, albeit briefly in Abilene. I'd love to hear how things are going. -Kim (Wes Hamilton's friend)