Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Look Back and Smile...

I wanted to do a short little post about last year in review. I wanted to look back and count my blessings and see all the adventures I had and all the memories my family shared. It was quite overwhelming looking at all the pictures we have taken since last January. It was amazing. So many good things I was blessed with. Good times and wonderful memories. All I can say is I am astounded by God's grace and goodness. Though it was quite a year indeed, well, it was quite a year indeed! I am going to post just a few of my favorite pictures from this past year. January 1st of last year was the day I went to pick up my best friend. That friend happened to be an 1985 Chevrolet pick-up truck. I named him Scottie and he has definitely proved to be a true pal.
Later in January I was blessed to go on a day trip with my good friend Lindsey to Helen. This was such a fun adventure, and the memories made were even better...hiking, trying on goofy hats, knocking over guardrails... I can't help but smile as my thoughts drift back to last January...
In February I got to go on another adventure. My friend Michelle and I drove all the way down to Perry for the rodeo. Oh goodness. This was one of the highlights of my winter. For a gardener, the winter can sometimes be a bit boring, but going to a rodeo is my kind of fun...
~ Winter finally passed, and Spring quietly came into my life... My heart thrilled with the thought of going outside and beginning to prepare dirt for the gardens...and so I did... There's something almost magical about the very first part of Spring. Like a world waking up from a restful silence.
Animals are very important to me. I was very happy at the blessing of little chicks (or Chickalees or Bitties, as I call them) that were hatched by my very own hens. They brought me more smiles than I can count...
Another critter we are often blessed with, of course, is the kitten...they always make me smile...
...as the days slowly (but all too quickly) passed, the garden began its endeavors...
Again, the days began passing, and it was time for more planting. My wonderful friend Elisha came over for a weekend adventure. Sweet memories of getting lost in Atlanta looking for Farmer D's, trying to fit seven million tomato seedlings into the back of my truck, lots of happy smiles, and getting our bare feet plenty dirty.
and the garden grew...
and the bitties grew...
Precious time was spent with the people I love. Siblings make me smile... and so do my grandparents....
and the garden grew...
One of my adventures of last year (and it's a long story) had to do with me, and one big ol' honkin' tiller. It makes me smile, and laugh, every time I sit and remember this... it whooped me.
and the garden grew...
The Statham Farmer's Market was definitely one of the highlights of my year. Every Saturday... getting there really early...setting up my table...talking with great folks...it truly was a huge blessing to my year, and quite often the very thing that helped me get through the tough times of my summer.
Our family was blessed yet again to go to Hilton Head, SC for our Summer vacation. Oh what fun we had!! Very precious memories...ridiculous amounts of laughter...and love like no other. So thankful for this time with my amzing family
and the kittens kept growing...
and so did the garden...
and God gave me flowers...
And as quickly as the Spring and Summer came, they left just as quickly....leaving with me so many memories and lessons. Autumn and Winter so far have been lovely. The weather hasn't been as cold as it usually is, and I have enjoyed that... Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's were so much fun!! Lot's of time with family and those I love so very much. 2011 seemed to go by so fast, and yet it seems so much of my life was wrapped up in that year. I look back and ponder all those things that took place, the leaps I took, the fears I faced, the blessings God gave, and I get lost in the nostalgia of it all. I smile at the family He has given me. I am blessed. I am loved. I am so thankful. Happy New Year everyone! Look back and smile on all the things that brought you joy last year. And may God bless 2012!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have my curiosity working, regarding a tiller and yourself. Will the long story become a new post sometime in the near future? :)
Happy New Year!

nana and dedad said...

WOW....that was a great post....and your right, What A Year!!!!
You bring smiles to our faces too,whenever we think of you!!!!!
Keep up the great writing. We love your blog!!!!
Love you sweetie,
Nana and Dedad