Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Fall Market

This past Saturday I was blessed to attend a small market in Monroe. I really enjoyed the day, and the Lord blessed my sales as well!

I had stayed up til 2 am that morning getting ready for it, and had to get up at 5 to load my truck. But I did it. And while walking outside that morning, while the sky was still navy bean blue and filled with stars, I was blessed with a brilliant sight. I witnessed an extremely bright falling star. I *so* needed to see that. I literally said out loud to myself, "WHOA." I then whispered a "thank you" as my warm breath made smoke in the cold autumn air.

I proceeded loading my truck, feeling cozy with the thought that I was not alone. Feeling blessed that the same God that made those gorgeous stars also made me. Feeling loved with the thought that He also holds my future.

I got to the market site. I had beat the sun. My tent was up before it was. It was freezing. But it was beautiful when the sun decided to wake.


I love this photo. It captures the feeling of that morning so well. It's a few men with their old GMC pick-up. They made very good Barbeque.

My table was filled with my herbal goodies. :)

And I, of course, had to bring what few zinnias I had left.


Silently one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven
Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: