Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Raised Bed Blessings

Mama handed me the phone. My eyes asked "who is it?"

"Mrs. McKeel." she said.

"Hello."

"You wouldn't want any raised beds, would you?"

Now, I have always like the raised bed method of gardening, I have just never pursued it. I never had the time or money to build them, but I sure did like them. I knew I would want them someday.

"Ohhh...well...how much are they?"

"A man in Commerce is selling them for fifty cents a frame..."

"What!!?"

"He has a ton, would you like me to pick some up for you?"

And so she did. I am so excited and have already set to work to make these things useful. What a blessing this was!!! These were not originally built for the purpose of being raised beds; I really don't know what they were used for. I just know they are perfect the way they are. Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far...







This was truly a blessing! As if the Lord said "here ya go, Jessi, hope you can use these." God is so good!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Awesome! They look wonderful...great work:)

~Jenna

Sarah said...

What a blessing!! Raised beds are wonderful things. :)

~Sarah~

Julia said...

What a deal! :D Awesome!

To reply to the question you asked ... I will be in the vendor hall, in a corner booth, with a banner that says "Jewels By Julia". :D Hope that helps!

~Julia

Julia said...

P.S.

I'll only be there on Saturday. :) Can't wait to meet you!

~Julia

Jess said...

Thanks y'all!

I have about nine more to go.... :D

Can't wait to meet you Julia! I'll be there both days.